Most women would like to find a quick and easy natural skin care treatment plan that will help them look their best without draining their pocketbook, so here are some basic guidelines for creating an all-inclusive skin care regimen that will work for you. The most important thing to remember when designing any natural skin care routine is to always buy organic beauty products, as these will lessen the amount of harmful chemicals you take in to your face and body.
1) Cleansing. This first stage of skin care simply cleans the skin and prepares it for the beauty treatments to come. The biggest mistake that women make while cleansing is to use harsh bar soaps and cleanse skin too often, which can both lead to dryness. You should cleanse your face once a day using a dime-sized drop of organic liquid facial cleanser, which can be found at any health or drug store around the country. Always use lukewarm water when cleansing, as very hot or cold water can cause broken capillaries.
2) Exfoliating. This stage of skin care gently scrubs away dead skin cells in order to rejuvenate the skin. Many women underestimate the importance of exfoliating, but it can actually make a huge difference in helping you appear healthier and more youthful. Consider purchasing an organic exfoliating product, or making one at home using a teaspoon of sugar mixed with a small drop of facial cleanser.
3) Toning. A good toner will remove all traces of makeup, dirt, and oil, and also banish wrinkles by tightening the skin. However, organic toners are hard to find, so if you prefer to keep your skin care routine natural, feel free to skip this step.
4) Moisturizing. Unless you suffer from acne or special skin conditions, moisturizing is a must-have in any good beauty routine. Even those with oily skin can benefit from moisturizing, because already-hydrated skin may stop pores from producing excess oil. The major ingredients that you want to steer clear of in moisturizing creams are petroleum oil and mineral oil, which can clog pores and form a film over skin to prevent it from breathing. Consider using an organic moisturizer or a creamy mashed banana, which can deliver the same vitamins and minerals as commercial moisturizers.
5) Sunscreen. This final step has become more important within the past few years, due to the increase in skin cancer and melanoma cases. Sun damage is the number one cause of wrinkles, so a thin layer of SPF can do wonders in keeping your face looking young.
Yes, it takes more effort to use only organic beauty products because they demand research and attention. But a natural skin care treatment plan using these five elements will pay off not only in beauty but in greater overall health. Your body and face will thank you!