So many things in life come with a handy owner’s manual or user guide; unfortunately, the penis is not one of them. If such a guide did come standard with every penis, surely, a chapter on maintaining peak performance would be the most-read part of the book. But even without a step-by-step guide to maintenance, there are several key elements of penis upkeep that can keep the manhood running on all 4 cylinders. These 5 penis health tips are a good way to start.
- Safety: With the percentage of individuals who contract at least one sexually transmitted infection (STI) rising exponentially each year, men should never take the health of their love organ for granted. Health experts estimate that over 50% of the population will contract an STI in their lifetime. So it is simple: Men who are not in a monogamous relationship should wrap it up. It is also important to be tested regularly; it is possible to have no symptoms of an STI and still pass it on to a partner.
- Exercise: What is good for the heart is good for the penis. Exercise keeps the heart healthy, promoting circulation to the most important extremity. Focus on exercises that increase cardiovascular health such as jogging or bike riding. One major cause of performance issues is poor circulation and blood flow, so keeping the heart pumping will prompt the penis to follow suit.
- Eat Right: Eating a balanced diet is important to maintain the health of the body — and the penis. There are a few vitamins and minerals that are particularly penis-friendly, so try noshing on the following foods for added penis protection: seafoods that are high in omega -3 fatty acids, nuts, fruits and berries, ripe bananas, lean meats, and even the occasional glass of red wine. Though a few ounces of wine can help with circulation and enhance erections, too much wine or other alcohol can have the opposite effect and essentially shut the penis down for the night, so all men should keep this in mind and drink wisely.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: Even men who maintain a moderately healthy diet can still be above the ideal weight for their body. Men who have a little extra padding around the middle, which is a typical weight gain pattern in men due to dropping testosterone levels, may be at a higher risk for below-the-belt problems. Obesity can lead to diabetes, blood pressure issues and a whole host of other problems, all of which can drag down an otherwise perky manhood. Diabetes is particularly hard on the penis, as it can reduce functioning — and in severe cases –cause a loss of sensation due to nerve damage.
- Penis Care: Many men are not as diligent – or are downright neglectful in some cases – when it comes to proper grooming and hygiene of the penis. An unclean penis can lead to painful infections, lumps, bumps and even penis acne. Bacteria thrive in the nether regions due to the warm, moist conditions, meaning an unclean penis can become a potentially stinky penis, which is attractive to nobody. Daily washing with gentle soap and water can keep the bacteria at bay, helping a man stay fresh and healthy. After the shower, it is important to apply a penis vitamin formula to help keep the delicate skin moisturized and supple. For maximum effect, gently pat the area dry, allowing some moisture to stay on the skin, before generously slathering on the creme to lock in the moisture. Men should choose an all-natural penis creme formulated with vitamins and minerals (most professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) to help improve the appearance of the skin while simultaneously boosting sensitivity and performance.